World of Envaen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World of Envaen

Envaen is home to a variety of different creatures and the setting of their lives. Cut by coursing streams and scarred with dusty canyons, Envaen is a little known world waiting to be discovered.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rules - All users must read them!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amber
Admin

Rules - All users must read them! Empty
PostSubject: Rules - All users must read them!   Rules - All users must read them! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:38 am

Rules

Yes, I know we all hate reading the rules… but they’re a necessary evil to make sure the site runs smoothly. Just be patient, read them through and the worst part of joining the site will be over soon.

Site Rules

1) ALWAYS be kind and courteous to other members, if you have a dispute then settle it in PM’s or tell a Moderator. Please do NOT clog up the Roleplay topics with angry ooc posts. We really don’t want to read them and that’s often how more people get sucked into the argument.

2) As stated above, arguing or not, please don’t make a thread in one of the Roleplay areas and just clog it with ooc posts. There’s a general chat area for that.

3) Respect Moderators. Don’t nag anyone for a position because you won’t get it that way.

4) Mild swearing is allowed in Roleplay, just so long as it isn’t every other word. Sometimes swearing is part of a character’s personality, so it must be allowed. Just to overuse the leniency of this rule, I don’t want to have to change it.

5) Please, to keep the site active make a character within the first three weeks of account activation. If you have a good reason for any delay please tell us so you aren’t wrongly reprimanded.

6) No nude pictures, or any sexually suggestive pictures are allowed ANYWHERE on the site. Not as your signature, your avatar, not anywhere. Posting of these pictures will result in immediate suspension and deletion of the picture. If you post a picture of this content again you will be banned from the site.

7) When you are in ooc please don’t spam. No one word posts unless it’s something really quick when you have to leave.

8 ) If there is any ooc post you want to make that is… Twitter-like. Well then. Don’t post it. Please.

Roleplay Rules

1) Of course, no Godmoding or Powerplays. In other words your character is NOT all powerful and cannot master every obstacle put in his or her path (A little fairy cannot escape from the grasp of a strong human by brute force alone; however, she can charm him into letting her go.) Also you cannot control other peoples characters OR KILL THEM without first gaining the owner’s consent.

2) Again, only mild swearing in dialogue please.

3) In the interest of keeping roleplay fun for everyone, make your posts long enough to be fair. When I say that I mean if one user makes a two page post, DO NOT reply with one sentence. Believe me, it’s happened to me too many times to count and it always makes me angry. You don’t have to reply with your own two pages if you can’t write that much, but make sure to at least give your fellow roleplayer two to three paragraphs in return.

4) Fights in roleplay do not have to be moved to a designated area. Keep in mind though that there are guards patrolling most of the major cities. If a fight does start in a guarded place one of the fighters must PM a Moderator who will then decide whether or not one of the guards will intervene. Otherwise the areas of Envaen are unrestricted and battles can happen anywhere.

5) On the topic of fighting, I must remind you again that your character is not all powerful. They can dodge and parry some attacks, but sometimes you have to let yourself get hit. Keep in mind that fatigue, desperation, terrain, and skill are all factors in the fight. If you are obviously a lesser swordsman than your opponent make sure you act like it. Do so gracefully, your character will get better as he or she goes on and soon it will be your turn to win.

6) I’ve seen this happen before, and though I don’t think it’ll be a problem here I think it wise to cover all of the bases. If a character says something offensive to yours please DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY. I trust that all of the users are not childish enough to try and be rude to you in character. So please, if one character calls your character a ‘fat sack of potatoes’ he/she is not calling YOU a fat sack of potatoes.

7) You can have as many characters that you can keep active. If one of them becomes dusty and coated with spiderwebs please do one of three things.
~ Put your character on hold. By doing this you will place your character
in roleplay area where he or she will be inactive for some reason. (A crippling disease, mourning the loss of a family member, that sort of story.) There they will stay until you can RP them actively again.
~Put your character up for adoption. Your character will be up for grabs to any user. If there is somebody that wants to play your character you will decide whether that user is qualified for your character and accept or decline. (After your character has been adopted you still hold rights to all of the content in his or her profile; however, you may not simply take him or her back whenever you please.)
~Kill/delete your character. Either make he/she commit suicide, jump of a cliff, or die in a battle or raid. You must roleplay this happening in the ‘Death’ topic. Also, please PM a Moderator so they can remove your character from the site.

8 ) No sexual content please. At least not in the roleplay areas, I won’t be stalking your PM’s though. So if you must, move anything too graphic to PM’s.

Accounts

1) Only a few rules here. You may only have one account. Yes sometimes it is nice to have an account for each of your characters, but there are problems with that system. Forgotten passwords, mistaken identities, all that unpleasant jazz.

2) Please make it clear somewhere which characters your play. Either in your signature or in your Profile.

3) Your account name should be what you want us to call you. In other words, please properly capitalize your name. No numbers, no _ or – or anything like that. Just your name.

Characters/Races

1) When you make your character you are not restricted to the races listed. If you want, you can make your own race so long as it is 'O.K.'-ed by me. Ask me before you start working on your character, we don't want any hard work to go to waste.

2) You MUST follow the character sheets given. I know some of you have characters from other sites that you might want to use, but in the interest of keeping everything tidy, please spend the time to make the changes. If you really want to be part of the site I'm sure you'll put in the effort.
Back to top Go down
https://envaen.board-directory.net

Rules - All users must read them!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World of Envaen :: Welcome to the World :: Rules-
Jump to: